Bipolar Disorder Psychoeducation Group
Mondays 12–1:15pm • Wednesdays 6–7:15pm
Care and Counseling Center of Georgia
1814 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033
Room 110 on Mondays • Room 109 on Wednesdays
- Do you find yourself with increased energy and less need for sleep or unable to sleep for nights at a time?
- Do you have excessive energy for no explainable reason?
- Do you find yourself oscillating between emotional highs and lows feeling “normal” in between these periods?
- Do you find yourself overly happy and energized followed by periods of sadness?
- Do you find yourself engaged in behaviors during your emotional highs that are abnormal for you or reckless such as gambling, excessive shopping or promiscuous sex?
- Have you experienced rapid speech and poor concentration during periods of excessive energy?
- Have you experienced periods of depression followed by feeling normal only to feel depressed again?
If you’ve experienced some of these symptoms, this group may be for you!
- Coordinated care with your individual therapist and psychiatrist
- New skill acquisition or strengthened skills such as mindfulness
- Emotional regulation
- More manageable life
- Less chaotic relationships
- Support from those who understand your life experience in a non-judgmental atmosphere
- Overall improved well-being
Cost: $35 per session