Groups and Workshops
- CCCG Continuing Education’s 2019 First Fridays Series: Recovery, Resiliency and Trauma-Informed Care. Our “First Fridays” series of continuing education events will focus on recognizing trauma in our clients’ lives and stories. Because trauma is subjective—what one person experiences as trauma another may not—we provide the best care possible when we are alert to what has been experienced as traumatic for the persons we serve. Recognizing trauma affects how we conceptualize cases, understand symptoms and behaviors, and provide appropriate interventions and treatment. Come and learn from experts the impact of trauma on brain functioning, individual choices and behaviors, and relationships—and learn evidence-based treatments for trauma-informed care. First Fridays of every month, January to June. Registration & refreshments: 8:30 AM; workshop 9:00 AM–12:15 PM. Click here for more info and to register.
- The Ultimate New Year’s Resolution: MASTER YOUR EMOTIONS—a 6-Week DBT Boot Camp with Ann Marie Lehrer at CCCG’s Main Office. Do you struggle with depression, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, or communication problems? If so, start your new year here! Learn to be more mindful, to strengthen effectiveness in relationships, to tolerate distress, and regulate emotions! Tuesdays, January 8th–February 12th, 2019. Cost = $120 for the whole series. Click here for more info and to register, or contact Ann Marie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 ext. 472.
- Survive to Thrive: Journey Through Healing from Childhood Sexual Abuse. For women 18+ who experienced sexual abuse/rape as a child or adolescent. Mondays, 6:00-7:30pm. $25/session. Be surrounded by other women who have also survived childhood sexual abuse, become more aware of how your childhood trauma impacts you today, and expand the coping and emotion regulation skills related to your trauma. Click here for more info or contact Ashlei Rabess, MA, APC, NCC at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 x469.
- Stronger Together: A Group for Adolescent Girls with Dr. Lori Holth at CCCG’s Main Office. Thursdays, 6:00-7:00pm. $25/session + $25 initial interview (required). For more information contact Lori Holth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 ext. 420.
- Refuge Recovery Group at CCCG’s Main Office. Saturdays at 10 a.m. Cost = FREE! (donations accepted). This is for you if you would like a Buddhist-based approach to recovery—from substances, eating disorders, process addictions, and much more! Click here for complete information, or contact Fonta High at email@example.com or Ann Marie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Balance Coping Skills Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Thursday from 6–7 pm, $25/session. Do you use unhealthy coping to get through life? Do you abuse substances? Enter unhealthy relationships? Have a dysfunctional relationship with food? Punish yourself? Overwork, undersleep, or otherwise lead an imbalanced life? Do you find yourself struggling with the daily stressors in your life? Then this group is for you! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7:00-8:00 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 422. For complete info, click here.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss and are looking for a community of support. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Gayle Benator — meets the last Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner
and. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Gayle Benator for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 422. Sons Funeral Home
- Pet Loss Support Group—at the CCCG Main Office, every Monday, 6:30–7:30 p.m. FREE. Grieving the loss of a companion animal? Struggling with end-of-life decisions? Here you will find a non-judgmental, supportive setting where feelings of uncertainty, loss, and grief can be shared and healing can take place. Click here for complete info, or contact Steve Alper.