Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- Present Mind Recovery: ASAM Level 1 care and support and for persons using alcohol and other drugs, or for those suffering from addictions such as gambling, sex, internet, shopping, who have concerns or want to stop. Our scientifically based treatment includes motivational enhancement, emotional coping skills, mindfulness, personal empowerment, and experiential learning. Tuesdays, 6–8pm, starting May 21st at CCCG’s Main Office. Cost: $70/session. For more info, contact Eliza Segell, LMSW: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 x444.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- Master Your Emotions—a 6-Week DBT Boot Camp with AnnMarie Lehrer at CCCG’s main office. Do you struggle with depression, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, or communication problems? Learn to be more mindful, to strengthen effectiveness in relationships, to tolerate distress, and regulate emotions! Tuesdays, April 16th–May 21st, 2019. Cost = $120 for the whole series. Click here for more info and to register, or contact AnnMarie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 ext. 472.
- CCCG Continuing Education’s 2019 First Fridays Series: Recovery, Resiliency and Trauma-Informed Care. Our “First Fridays” series of continuing education events will focus on recognizing trauma in our clients’ lives and stories. Because trauma is subjective—what one person experiences as trauma another may not—we provide the best care possible when we are alert to what has been experienced as traumatic for the persons we serve. Recognizing trauma affects how we conceptualize cases, understand symptoms and behaviors, and provide appropriate interventions and treatment. Come and learn from experts the impact of trauma on brain functioning, individual choices and behaviors, and relationships—and learn evidence-based treatments for trauma-informed care. First Fridays of every month, January to June. Registration & refreshments: 8:30 AM; workshop 9:00 AM–12:15 PM. Click here for more info and to register.
- Refuge Recovery Group at CCCG’s Main Office. Saturdays at 10 a.m. Cost = FREE! (donations accepted). This is for you if you would like a Buddhist-based approach to recovery—from substances, eating disorders, process addictions, and much more! Click here for complete information, or contact Fonta High at email@example.com or Ann Marie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7 – 8 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 x422. For complete info, click here.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 x406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss of a person due to death and are looking for a community of support. Please wait at least 8 weeks after your loss before attending your first group. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 x421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Gayle Benator — meets the last Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner
and Sons Funeral Home. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Gayle Benator for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 x422.