Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- Resonance is a three-year training program that enables participants to earn a Certificate in Practice of Spiritual Direction. The new Year One cohort begins September 2018. Click here for complete info and to register, or contact Debonee Morgan.
- Premarital Workshops with Gayle Benator at CCCG’s Main Office. Couples will learn how to identify strength and growth areas; strengthen communication skills; resolve conflicts and reduce stress; and establish personal, couple and family goals. Next sessions are: August 15th & 22nd, October 3rd & 10th and November 7th & 14th. Click here to register and for more info.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- Achieve Balance: Bipolar Psychoeducation Group—at the CCCG Main Office, every Monday 12–1:15 p.m. and Wednesday 6–7:15 p.m. $35 per session per person. This group will help you gain new skills and strengthen skills you have to cope with bipolar disorder in yourself or someone you love. It will assist with emotion regulation. In a non-judgmental atmosphere, you will be supported by those who understand your experiences. By actively participating you can expect that your life will become more manageable and less chaotic. Family members welcome. Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Balance Coping Skills Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Thursday from 6–7 pm, $25/session. Do you use unhealthy coping to get through life? Do you abuse substances? Enter unhealthy relationships? Have a dysfunctional relationship with food? Punish yourself? Overwork, undersleep, or otherwise lead an imbalanced life? Do you find yourself struggling with the daily stressors in your life? Then this group is for you! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- DBT Skills Training for Teens at the CCCG Main Office. Learn skills to manage difficult emotions, impulsive behaviors, and stressful relationships. Connect with other teens who are also struggling with similar problems. Saturdays at 12:00 noon. Cost: $25 per 45-minute session. Click here for more info.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7:00-8:00 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 422. For complete info, click here.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss and are looking for a community of support. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Sania Tildon — [NOTE: SCHEDULE CHANGE!] this group meets the last Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner
and. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Sania Tildon for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 450. Sons Funeral Home