Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- 2018 First Fridays—Integrating Spirituality and Psychotherapy—Cinema Therapy: Spiritual Themes in Film—First Fridays of every month, February–June, 2018, 9:00 AM–12:15 PM at CCCG’s Main Office. The series will introduce participants to the use of cinema as an intervention in a therapeutic context. Each event will highlight different spiritual themes, aligned with clinical diagnoses. Using clips of relevant films, presenter Debonee Morgan, LMFT and Spiritual Director, will illustrate symptoms and progression of various disorders, and how healing takes place. Participants will deepen their understanding of diagnostic manifestations, and also how to work with clients via prescribed films. Click here for complete info
- Mental Health Ethics: Fragmentation, Fluidity, Integration—Friday, June 8, 2018 and repeated on Saturday, June 9, 2018, 8:30 am–4:30 pm. This workshop will examine mental health constructs and ethics practices related to tension, inequality, balance, and privilege. Click here for complete info.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- Balance Coping Skills Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Thursday from 6–7 pm, $25/session. Do you use unhealthy coping to get through life? Do you abuse substances? Enter unhealthy relationships? Have a dysfunctional relationship with food? Punish yourself? Overwork, undersleep, or otherwise lead an imbalanced life? Do you find yourself struggling with the daily stressors in your life? Then this group is for you! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- DBT Skills Training for Teens at the CCCG Main Office. Learn skills to manage difficult emotions, impulsive behaviors, and stressful relationships. Connect with other teens who are also struggling with similar problems. Saturdays at 12:00 noon. Cost: $25 per 45-minute session. Click here for more info.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7:00-8:00 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 422. For complete info, click here.
- Premarital Workshops with Gayle Benator at CCCG’s Main Office. Couples will learn how to identify strength and growth areas; strengthen communication skills; resolve conflicts and reduce stress; and establish personal, couple and family goals.
Click here for more info.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss and are looking for a community of support. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Sania Tildon—this group meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner and Sons Funeral Home. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Sania Tildon for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 450.