Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- Present Mind Recovery: ASAM Level 1 care and support and for persons using alcohol and other drugs, or for those suffering from addictions such as gambling, sex, internet, shopping, who have concerns or want to stop. Our scientifically based treatment includes motivational enhancement, emotional coping skills, mindfulness, personal empowerment, and experiential learning. Tuesdays, 6–8pm at CCCG’s Main Office. Cost: $70/session. For more info, contact Janay Whittaker, MDiv, MA, NCC, APC at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 x409.
- DBT Skills Training for Teens—a 6-week DBT Boot Camp with AnnMarie Lehrer at CCCG’s main office. Do you or does your teen struggle with depression, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, or communication problems? Learn to be more mindful, to strengthen effectiveness in relationships, to tolerate distress, and regulate emotions! Mondays, September 30th–November 4th. Cost = $180 for the whole series. Click here for more info and to register, or contact AnnMarie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 x472.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- This is Me—an ongoing group for LGBTQI+ persons with JD Dreiling at CCCG’s main office. Are you fresh out of the closet? Or do you just need extra support? Come join a group of like-minded individuals as we work to make our place in the world. Every Saturday, 11 am. Cost is $20 per session. Contact JD Dreiling at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 x425 to sign up.
- Master Your Emotions—a 6-Week DBT Boot Camp with AnnMarie Lehrer at CCCG’s main office. Do you struggle with depression, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, or communication problems? Learn to be more mindful, to strengthen effectiveness in relationships, to tolerate distress, and regulate emotions! Tuesdays, 6pm, September 17th–October 22nd. Cost = $180 for the whole series. Click here for more info and to register, or contact AnnMarie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 x472.
- Recovery Dharma at CCCG’s Main Office. Saturdays at 10 a.m. Cost = FREE! (donations accepted). This is for you if you would like a Buddhist-based approach to recovery—from substances, eating disorders, process addictions, and much more! Click here for complete information, or contact Fonta High at email@example.com or Ann Marie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at email@example.com or (404) 636-1457 x406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss of a person due to death and are looking for a community of support. Please wait at least 8 weeks after your loss before attending your first group. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Jennifer Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 x480 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Jacqueline “BB” Burnett-Brown—normally, this group meets the last Thursday of every month. However, to avoid meeting on Thanksgiving and Christmas, it will meet the third Thursdays of November and December at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office. It is open to the community, free of charge to participants, and is sponsored by AS Turner
and Sons Funeral Home. Please contact Jacqueline “BB” Burnett-Brown for more details at email@example.com or (404) 636-1457 x432.