Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- Premarital Workshops with Gayle Benator at CCCG’s Main Office. Couples will learn how to identify strength and growth areas; strengthen communication skills; resolve conflicts and reduce stress; and establish personal, couple and family goals. Next sessions are November 7th & 14th. Click here to register and for more info.
- Holiday Coping Skills with Ann Marie Lehrer at CCCG’s Main Office. Do you struggle with depression, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, or communication problems? If so, this DBT skills group may be for you! Learn to be more mindful, to strengthen effectiveness in relationships, to tolerate distress, and regulate emotions just in time for the holidays! This group meets from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays from Oct. 20th to Dec. 8th. $30 per session; no registration required. For more information contact Ann Marie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 ext. 472.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- Refuge Recovery Group at CCCG’s Main Office. Saturdays at 10 a.m. Cost = FREE! (donations accepted). This is for you if you would like a Buddhist-based approach to recovery—from substances, eating disorders, process addictions, and much more! Click here for complete information, or contact Fonta High at email@example.com or Ann Marie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pet Loss Support Group—at the CCCG Main Office, every Monday, 6:30–7:30 p.m. FREE. Grieving the loss of a companion animal? Struggling with end-of-life decisions? Here you will find a non-judgmental, supportive setting where feelings of uncertainty, loss, and grief can be shared and healing can take place. Click here for complete info, or contact Steve Alper.
- Balance Coping Skills Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Thursday from 6–7 pm, $25/session. Do you use unhealthy coping to get through life? Do you abuse substances? Enter unhealthy relationships? Have a dysfunctional relationship with food? Punish yourself? Overwork, undersleep, or otherwise lead an imbalanced life? Do you find yourself struggling with the daily stressors in your life? Then this group is for you! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7:00-8:00 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 422. For complete info, click here.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss and are looking for a community of support. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Gayle Benator — meets the last Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner
and. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Gayle Benator for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 422. Sons Funeral Home