Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- Community Partnerships Panel: Recovery Support Groups—Friday, December 1st, 9:00 AM–12:15 PM at CCCG’s Main Office. Join us as we host representatives from the major support groups in the area to talk about what their group has to offer for clients and what clients are a good fit for each type of group. Also participate in a Q&A session with these representatives to find out everything you wish you knew about recovery support groups. Representatives from AA, NA, Al-Anon, SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery, Celebrate Recovery, and more will be in attendance. Click here for more info and to register.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- Balance Coping Skills Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Thursday from 6–7 pm, $25/session. Do you use unhealthy coping to get through life? Do you abuse substances? Enter unhealthy relationships? Have a dysfunctional relationship with food? Punish yourself? Overwork, undersleep, or otherwise lead an imbalanced life? Do you find yourself struggling with the daily stressors in your life? Then this group is for you! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- DBT Skills Training for Teens at the CCCG Main Office. Learn skills to manage difficult emotions, impulsive behaviors, and stressful relationships. Connect with other teens who are also struggling with similar problems. Saturdays at 12:00 noon. Cost: $25 per 45-minute session. Click here for more info.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7:00-8:00 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 ext. 422. For complete info, click here.
- Premarital Workshops with Gayle Benator at CCCG’s Main Office. Couples will learn how to identify strength and growth areas; strengthen communication skills; resolve conflicts and reduce stress; and establish personal, couple and family goals.
Click here for more info.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at email@example.com or (404) 636-1457 ext 406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss and are looking for a community of support. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 ext. 421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Sania Tildon—this group meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner and Sons Funeral Home. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Sania Tildon for more details at email@example.com or (404) 636-1457 ext 450.