Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- Premarital Workshops with Gayle Benator at CCCG’s Main Office. Couples will learn how to identify strength and growth areas; strengthen communication skills; resolve conflicts and reduce stress; and establish personal, couple and family goals. Next sessions are: March 6th & 13th and April 10th & 17th. Click here to register and for more info.
- Leading in a Rapidly Changing World: a live interactive webcast with Tod Bolsinger, MDiv, PhD at CCCG’s Main Office. How do we minister—how do we lead a ministry—in such a rapidly changing world? Come watch Tod speak, take questions, and hold a conversation during this interactive streaming event. Monday, April 29th, 12:00 – 2:30 p.m. Registration $25 (lunch included). Click here for more info and to register, or contact Tom Van Laningham at (404) 636-1457 x406 or email@example.com.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- CCCG Continuing Education’s 2019 First Fridays Series: Recovery, Resiliency and Trauma-Informed Care. Our “First Fridays” series of continuing education events will focus on recognizing trauma in our clients’ lives and stories. Because trauma is subjective—what one person experiences as trauma another may not—we provide the best care possible when we are alert to what has been experienced as traumatic for the persons we serve. Recognizing trauma affects how we conceptualize cases, understand symptoms and behaviors, and provide appropriate interventions and treatment. Come and learn from experts the impact of trauma on brain functioning, individual choices and behaviors, and relationships—and learn evidence-based treatments for trauma-informed care. First Fridays of every month, January to June. Registration & refreshments: 8:30 AM; workshop 9:00 AM–12:15 PM. Click here for more info and to register.
- Survive to Thrive: Journey Through Healing from Childhood Sexual Abuse. For women 18+ who experienced sexual abuse/rape as a child or adolescent. Mondays, 6:00-7:30pm. $25/session. Be surrounded by other women who have also survived childhood sexual abuse, become more aware of how your childhood trauma impacts you today, and expand the coping and emotion regulation skills related to your trauma. Click here for more info or contact Ashlei Rabess, MA, APC, NCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-636-1457 x469.
- Refuge Recovery Group at CCCG’s Main Office. Saturdays at 10 a.m. Cost = FREE! (donations accepted). This is for you if you would like a Buddhist-based approach to recovery—from substances, eating disorders, process addictions, and much more! Click here for complete information, or contact Fonta High at email@example.com or Ann Marie Lehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Balance Coping Skills Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Thursday from 6–7 pm, $35/session. Do you use unhealthy coping to get through life? Do you abuse substances? Enter unhealthy relationships? Have a dysfunctional relationship with food? Punish yourself? Overwork, undersleep, or otherwise lead an imbalanced life? Do you find yourself struggling with the daily stressors in your life? Then this group is for you! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7:00-8:00 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 422. For complete info, click here.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Fonta High.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss and are looking for a community of support. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Gayle Benator — meets the last Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner
and. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Gayle Benator for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 422. Sons Funeral Home