Anyone can do the OnTrak Relapse Prevention Program (ORPP) which consists of Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Therapy. ORPP is designed to leverage the effects gain from the medical components of pharmacological intervention leading to a reduction in cravings, improved mood, and improved sleep patterns.
How Long is the Program?
ORPP is a 12-week program. Each session will be devoted to teaching skills for relapse prevention. At the end of the 12 weeks, individuals will have resources to maintain the skills learned in weekly sessions. In addition to weekly sessions, individuals will get the opportunity to receive three coaching calls to assist individuals in using techniques learned in sessions and to integrate them into their daily lives.
Requirements for Participation
- Ages 18 and up
- Willingness to complete all 12 sessions in a consecutive format
Health Benefits of Smoking Cessation
According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Surgeon General, Smoking Cessation can:
- Lower the risk for lung cancer
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Reduce respiratory symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. While these symptoms may not disappear, they do not continue at the same rate among people who quit compared to those who continue to smoke.
- Reduce risk of infertility in women of childbearing age.
- Women who stop smoking during pregnancy also reduce the risk of babies with low birth weight.
Each session is billed at $135. Your health insurance may cover part of this service. Insurance providers accepted include: Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Humana and Cigna.
Click the image below to download a printable pamphlet