Conducting Individual Psychotherapy from a Systems Perspective
9:00 am – 12:15 pm
Care and Counseling Center of Georgia—Main Office
1814 Clairmont Rd. • Decatur, GA 30033
click here for map
Join us and Dr. Linda Buchanan, founder of Atlanta Center for Eating Disorders, for a valuable training on the use of a systems approach in working with clients. Dr. Buchanan will teach about beliefs and strategies informed by Ecosystems and Family Systems approaches that enable the therapist to develop the art of being on the client’s side without taking a side.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental tenets of family systems approaches and how these can inform individual psychotherapy.
- Utilize a systems philosophy to empower clients and help increase personal responsibility within the client system.
- Choose and utilize techniques that minimize splitting between parts in the client’s system.
- Use strategies to maintain neutrality in psychotherapy and avoid taking a side.
- Increase awareness of when clients are projecting in psychotherapy and gain strategies to manage projections.
3 CORE hours of CE credit applied for with the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work, and the Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
You must be on time and stay for the entire event to receive CE credit.
Click one of the blue fee-amount buttons; note that the “Your total” amount—displayed in the orange bar—will be updated to reflect the total payment due. Then, after filling out the rest of the form, click the blue “Submit Payment” button at the bottom.