Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Groups and Workshops
- Substance Use Diagnosis: A Layered Analysis—a series of 5 workshops at CCCG’s Main Office. Examine the layers to substance use disorders and how we can best care for our clients. The series will provide a full overview of the most significant components a clinician must address when working with clients struggling with SUDs. One Friday a month, 9:00 am–12:15 pm, August through December, 2017. Click here for more info.
- Conducting Individual Psychotherapy from a Systems Perspective at CCCG’s Main Office. Join us and Dr. Linda Buchanan, founder of Atlanta Center for Eating Disorders, for a valuable training on the use of a systems approach in working with clients. Dr. Buchanan will teach about beliefs and strategies informed by Ecosystems and Family Systems approaches that enable the therapist to develop the art of being on the client’s side without taking a side. Friday, September 22nd, 9:00 am–12:15 pm.. Click here for more info.
Ongoing Groups and Workshops
- Balance Coping Skills Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Thursday from 6–7 pm, $25/session. Do you use unhealthy coping to get through life? Do you abuse substances? Enter unhealthy relationships? Have a dysfunctional relationship with food? Punish yourself? Overwork, undersleep, or otherwise lead an imbalanced life? Do you find yourself struggling with the daily stressors in your life? Then this group is for you! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- Breaking Up is Hard to Do! at the CCCG Main Office. Strategies and tools for surviving and thriving after a breakup (and beyond!). 8 Mondays, 6:15 pm–7:45 pm, beginning June 12th. Cost: $35/session or $250 if paid on or before June 12th. Click here for more info.
- DBT Skills Training for Teens at the CCCG Main Office. Learn skills to manage difficult emotions, impulsive behaviors, and stressful relationships. Connect with other teens who are also struggling with similar problems. Saturdays at 12:00 noon. Cost: $25 per 45-minute session. Click here for more info.
- Eating Disorder Support Group—at CCCG’s Main Office, every Thursday from 7:00-8:00 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Gayle Benator to register: email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 422. For complete info, click here.
- Premarital Workshops with Gayle Benator at CCCG’s Main Office. Couples will learn how to identify strength and growth areas; strengthen communication skills; resolve conflicts and reduce stress; and establish personal, couple and family goals.
Click here for more info.
- SMART Recovery® Group at CCCG’s Main Office; every Wednesday from 7:00-7:45 pm. Cost = FREE! Click here for complete info, or contact Kristy Aspinwall.
- Women’s Growth Group in Decatur with Carol Pitts—$45 per session. Contact Carol Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 406.
Grief Support Groups
- Weekly Grief Support Group at Oak Grove UMC—a group for individuals who have experienced loss and are looking for a community of support. Tuesdays 6:30–7:30 pm. Cost = FREE! Contact Stephanie Foxman at email@example.com or 404-636-1457 ext. 421 for questions or directions.
- Monthly Grief Support Group in Decatur with Sania Tildon—this group meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm at the CCCG Main Office and is sponsored by AS Turner and Sons Funeral Home. It is open to the community and free of charge to participants. Scheduling changes may occur on occasion due to holidays. Please contact Sania Tildon for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 636-1457 ext 450.